Make that 11 Random Things. Because a post just about grilled broccoli is pretty random on it’s own, I think. Maybe I’m trailing behind the pack here, but grilling broccoli is not something I had tried before. And given that I love just about any other vegetable on the grill, why not broccoli too? You could chop it up and throw it in a grill basket, but I actually like the whole stalks, split in half, and sprayed with olive oil right on the grates. That makes for less cleanup, too. A little salt and pepper, and a squeeze of lemon juice when it was done made it just perfect.
In case you’re wondering, we had this with Avocado-Baked Mahi. Only, I used tilapia. And I put those little pans right on the grill. Because who needs to bother with an oven when it’s 90º and you already plan on grilling your broccoli?
And about those other 10 Random Things – Lizzy over at Food to Run For tagged me for the Sugar Doll Blogger Questionnaire. Lizzy is a doll herself who loves running and good food – and other cool thing about her is that her mother was my high school chemistry teacher. But we haven’t actually met, yet! So to play the game, I am sharing 10 random facts about myself. Here goes!
1) When I was six, I cracked my head open and required stitches. How, you ask? Playing miniature golf. Or maybe it was extreme mini golf.
2) Every New Year’s Eve, I send Joey McIntyre a special happy birthday wish. In my head, of course.
3) I have to brush my teeth as soon as I get out of bed – even if I plan to go eat something right away.
4) I have the most gorgeous window treatments. You would be jealous. (Thank you, Hillary!)
5) I have a hot tub on my deck, but you don’t need to be jealous of that. We never use it. The excuse is that it’s either 90 degrees outside and too hot, or 10 degrees and too cold.
6) My day is incomplete with my
candy bar dark chocolate zone bar eaten at 5pm on the way to the gym.
7) I am incapable of staying awake in the car late at night. Good thing my husband is always the one driving.
8) I love wearing shorts in the summer.
9) I haven’t jumped on the organic bandwagon. Instead, I am super frugal when it comes to groceries.
10) I finally learned to like hot coffee without any sweetener at all – but for iced, I still need a little
sweet n low sugar truvia.