Pretty Produce

Remember the other day when I told you about the vegetables I can’t resist? The ones that are gorgeously colored unlike anything I can find in a regular grocery store. Well add to that the peculiarly sized ones. Not the ginormous overgrown ones, because those usually lack in flavor what they show off in size. I mean the little itty-bitty ones, those baby fresh vegetables picked just as they are ripe enough that are bursting with the most intense flavor. Like these little baby eggplant, no bigger than my thumb.

Oh dear summer, don’t go!

8 Responses to “Pretty Produce”

Lizzy — September 1, 2010 @ 6:48 pm Reply

Just got back from the farmers market in city hall- it looks like the zucchini is on its way out and butternut squash is coming!!! your eggplants look delicious (and pretty)

Dawn — September 1, 2010 @ 7:07 pm Reply

Quite a few months ago now I found the exact same gorgeous eggplants at the St. Augustine Farmers market and did photography practice as well. They are (almost) too pretty to eat!

carascravings — September 1, 2010 @ 11:44 pm Reply

I love the colour!

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) — September 2, 2010 @ 5:48 am Reply

so beautiful!purple cauliflower, and purple-ish kale are other purple faves of mine!

Kelly — September 2, 2010 @ 8:43 pm Reply

I love those baby eggplant. You know what they make well too? Eggplant Bacon. I've been making some to try to mimick what they use to top the avocado skins at the raw restaurant in the North End. Have you been there?Also, sorry about the seafood contest. Half the time I have NO idea how they decide. :-/ It would have been better as you than me probably too because I am TERRIBLE at anything that requires drumming up votes. Knowing that I don't know why I keep entering those kinds of contests.Anyway, hope all is well.

Emily — September 3, 2010 @ 6:47 am Reply

Oh they're absolutely gorgeous!

Liz — September 6, 2010 @ 8:59 am Reply

I love those eggplants, those and the smaller green ones! It's more fun to cook when your eggplants are pretty.

Liz — April 5, 2011 @ 1:16 am Reply