Pumpkin Penne Makeover

Since I started blogging over two years ago, I think I’ve come a long way. I’ve still got a ways to go in comparison to some of my inspirations out there, but I don’t mind admitting that I think my own photography and recipe writing skills have naturally improved as I’ve put in more effort. So it remains that some of my favorite recipes out there just don’t look as good as they really are, or just aren’t written very well, to the point where it makes them a bit difficult to share. One such recipe is for my Pumpkin Penne.

I created this recipe in August 2008, no doubt while I was lusting for fall in the middle of summer. It was, I think, my first attempt at cooking with cottage cheese, and I was damn proud of it. (Since then, I’ve learned to use low-fat, protein-packed cottage cheese in so many deliciously unexpected ways!) Since then, this recipe has been a favorite in our household. But in addition, it’s probably one of the top few recipes that friends and family tell me they make from my blog and enjoy. So, I decided Pumpkin Penne really deserved a photo and recipe makeover. It’s been so good to me, it was time to reciprocate!

You can check it out here. I’ve updated the original post with new photos, more detailed instructions, nutritional breakdown and a printable recipe link. Enjoy!

8 Responses to “Pumpkin Penne Makeover”

Michele — October 13, 2009 @ 6:46 pm Reply

That looks delicious! I was thinking the same thing, that some of my recipes need an update. I like how you did that. I may need to spruce up some of mine in the future.

Meghan — October 13, 2009 @ 6:48 pm Reply

I love this recipe and have made it several times – I even posted it on my blog! The cottage cheese idea is genius! I will have to check out your new entry.

yafufah — October 13, 2009 @ 7:56 pm Reply

This is one of our family favorites too! I actually have some leftovers waiting to be eaten for dinner! Eytan loves it as well and it's music to my ears to hear a 2.5 year old beg for pasta with pumpkin and spinach. By the way – I use Portobello Mushroom Chicken Sausage and love it.

Cynthia — October 18, 2009 @ 12:00 am Reply

Hi Cara, Like many other people I stumbled upon your blog while looking for a recipe about a month ago. Since then I have made three of your recipes and they are all just fabulous. I even went out and bought a food processor so I could try a hand at some of your other recipes. I just sat down with a bowl of the Pumpkin Penne and it is amazing. You have the best concepts and I hope to incorporate them into my weight loss program!

*~*A*~* — January 12, 2010 @ 1:31 am Reply

It's a little after the fact, but we tried this tonight and it was excellent! I subbed butternut squash for pumpkin (since you can't get pumpkin anymore), and I'm sure it was just as good. DH approved. Yummy!

Meghan — April 5, 2011 @ 1:20 am Reply

7. Pingback: Pumpkin penne | Selfservhost

8. Pingback: Pumpkin Whoopie Pies (Low Carb and Gluten Free)