Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse

If you’re looking to eat a snack packed with protein, calcium, and fiber; that’s low in fat and carbs, and contains a superfood, wait until dessert. No, I don’t suggest you go eat some kind of crazy grass and egg white “milk shake”. This is a heck of a lot more tasty. I say you should have some pumpkin cheesecake mousse! You might be shaking your head – how can something containing the word “cheesecake” possibly be good for you?

This treat is a lot like the last cheesecake mousse I shared with you, but this version contains pumpkin – one of my favorite foods for it’s taste, versatility (if you don’t think there’s much to do with pumpkin besides bread and pie, think again), and amazing nutritional value. Some people have this silly idea that pumpkin should be reserved for fall treats; I’ll gladly eat it year round. Why wait for Cheesecake Factory to roll out their seasonal specialty when you can make a much healthier – and extremely tasty, husband-approved – version anytime you want?

Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse
6oz low fat cottage cheese
1/4 cup pumpkin puree
about 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
3 tsp Zsweet*

Blend all ingredients until completely smooth. I use a hand blender. Pour into a serving dish and chill before enjoying.

*Zsweet is an all-natural, zero-calorie sweetener. I’m working on cutting out most of the artificial sweeteners in my diet. You can of course use any sweetener you like – obviously, if you’re counting calories and you use sugar, honey, agave, maple syrup, etc., you would want to add those calories.

Nutritional Info
Servings Per Recipe: 1
Calories: 161.8
Total Fat: 3.2 g
Cholesterol: 22.5 mg
Sodium: 588.7 mg
Total Carbs: 18.8 g
Dietary Fiber: 3.0 g
Protein: 18.8 g

25 Responses to “Pumpkin Cheesecake Mousse”

brannyboilsover — May 4, 2009 @ 1:30 pm Reply

Mmm. Looks delightful!

Briana @ Zsweet — May 4, 2009 @ 3:44 pm Reply

Another delicious looking recipe! You’re husband is a lucky man. = )

Meghan — May 4, 2009 @ 10:32 pm Reply

I’m up for pumpkin year round as well. I love how you’re using cottage cheese and coming up with all these great recipes!

Beth — May 5, 2009 @ 3:43 pm Reply

This post has been removed by a blog administrator.

thecynicalchef — May 5, 2009 @ 6:34 pm Reply

I love your approach to healthy living. Your recipes are really inspirational and a great solution when my cravings have me looking for a frosting can ;) Thanks for the support.

Mags — May 12, 2009 @ 5:25 am Reply

Only 3 weight watchers points! Looks delicious, I’ll have to try making this

Núria — May 18, 2009 @ 9:51 am Reply

Mmmmmm, I love it when a dish is not only tasteful but also nutritious :D. Thanks for the info!Want to see the omelets roundup?http://recipespicbypic.blogspot.com/2009/05/blog-your-omelet-round-up-find-your.html

marla {Family Fresh Cooking} — September 16, 2010 @ 10:01 pm Reply

Never saw this one before….love it! Another sneaky dessert combo I have got to try :)

thecynicalchef — March 28, 2011 @ 8:41 pm Reply

Meghan — March 28, 2011 @ 8:41 pm Reply

I'm up for pumpkin year round as well. I love how you're using cottage cheese and coming up with all these great recipes!

Briana @ Zsweet — March 28, 2011 @ 8:41 pm Reply

Another delicious looking recipe! You're husband is a lucky man. = )

brannyboilsover — March 28, 2011 @ 8:41 pm Reply