I know, I’ve been a bad blogger. Over the past couple of weeks, a few very kind and talented people have taken the time to compliment my blog in such nice ways, and I have not yet passed on the gesture. With so many wonderful blogs out there to choose from, it shouldn’t be too hard! So, I’ll wrap it up all in one.
First, Danielle Kathleen of Make No Little Meals awarded me with the E for Excellent award. Me?! Excellent? She is the one combining marvelous ingredients and taking lovely pictures. Not to mention her gorgeous layout that I am extremely jealous of. Thank you, Danielle! I’d love to return the compliment and name you the first of my Excellent blogs. Keep up the good work! Well, since I have put off passing on the award, I imagine that most of the people I think are excellent have already received it. But, there’s always room to be a little more excellent, right? So, next I will highlight Gretchen of Canela & Comino. She’s got something unique in the blogging world: a focus on colorful, fresh Peruvian cuisine, speckled with American fare infused with the international flair of Peru. I think it’s so fantastic that she has this opportunity to broaden her culinary repertoire in another country, and you should definitely go read about her adventures!
Ally of Culinary Infatuation is a great gal and a great blogger. A fun-loving Atlanta lady with Nola routes and a hearty palette, she’s always whipping up impressive dishes that represent both traditional American cooking and eclectic new combinations. I love that she’s always up for a challenge and has really taken a lot of steps to become well-known in the blogging world. Her blog is a surefire pleaser!
Kevin of Closet Cooking truly exhibits a love of excellent food. This man seems to be constantly in the kitchen, letting one recipe flow into the next. I enjoy seeing how his inter-related recipes give his blog a unique identity, and how he is not at all afraid of a challenge. Trying new things is no source of intimidation, a quality that has made him a truly inspiring blogger.
Finally, I’ll highlight Rachael of Fresh Approach Cooking. Many of her recipes seem directed right at my palette, so I’m always intrigued. I’m always learning something new from her extensive skills and knowledge. And who can resist her affection towards her little peaches – trust me, you’ll want to taste the joy too!
Next on my list, Gretchen has tagged me for meme. She has asked me to share five interesting things about myself. This should be easy…
1. I love pumpkins
2. I am gorgeous
3. My husband is sexy
4. I have a ridiculous sweet tooth
5. I adore goat cheese
Oh, wait. You mean they shouldn’t be obvious? You want to learn something new about me? Ok, let’s try again.
1. I am afraid of balls. Yep, you heard right. After years of being the “fat kid”, never being able to kick a ball, hit a ball, get a ball in a basket, catch a ball, bump a ball, aim a ball, bowl a ball… (you get the point)… I’ve been left rather traumatized and with an inability to master any form of hand (or body) – eye coordination. Please do not ask me to play on your recreational coed softball team and tell me it’s “just for fun”, and don’t act like I didn’t tell you so when you see how much I suck at being your beirut partner!
2. I make my husband take trips with me to like 4 different grocery stores in one day. Fun times!
3. I am really a dork when it comes to my KA mixer. I love to stare at it while mixing and get completely mesmerized watching the ingredients spin around and change in texture and color as they all become incorporated. And watching the dough hook work it’s magic? Very little kitchen tasks beat that! Well, except for maybe using the pasta roller attachment.
4. I bought my wedding dress over a year before the big day, and as the time approached, I decided I no longer liked it. I went out and bought another a couple months before my wedding, and kept it a big surprise for my family and bridesmaids. The look on their faces was priceless! If you’re lucky enough to be planning a wedding, I highly recommend having some sort of secret like that for yourself, something only you know about until the big day. Something you don’t have to deal with everyone interjecting their two cents on, but which will absolutely delight and surprise them because you, the bride, are simply so fabulous.
5. I have all four of my grandparents still alive. I know it may not be all that interesting, but it makes me feel truly lucky. And, I’ve been blessed to always live nearby so I am very close to them. All of them are still in great health, too. And, I have a wonderful grandmother-in-law who introduces me as her granddaughter – and I just think that’s the sweetest thing ever!
In turn, I would like for all of us to learn 5 interesting things about the following bloggers:
1. Shawnda the Foodiebride
2. Mollie of reading, ‘riting, and recipes
3. Renea of Sweet, Savory, Southern
4. Lynn of Lunch with Lynn
5. Rhid of Baked
Here are the rules for the “5 Things” meme:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment at their Blogs.
And finally, I’ve made Linds’s day. What a treat! I’m so glad to know my blog can make others so happy. Here are some bloggers who always make my day, through their endearing friendship, culinary masterpieces, and inspiring literature. Thanks, Ladies!
Elly, Joelen, Stephanie, Kate, and Brooke are all women I am happy to have gotten to know and share my experiences with.