The Good Ol’ Days

Here’s a recipe I used to make fairly often that somehow lost it’s way from our rotation (well, I suppose that’s because we don’t really have a rotation!) It’s quick, easy, and healthy, so I decided to bring it back this week. I’ve also tried this with apricot preserves instead of raspberry, and that is delicious as well. This time, I served the chicken with some fresh sauteed green beans with garlic and almonds.

Raspberry-Balsamic Chicken, adapted from Cooking Light
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin
1/4 cup thinly sliced onion
salt & pepper
2 tbsp raspberry preserves
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp minced fresh rosemary

In a skillet coated with cooking spray, cook onions over medium-low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Add chicken breasts and cook for about 5 minutes on each side, until cooked through. Remove chicken from pan. Add preserves, vinegar, and rosemary to pan, and stir to melt preserves. Add chicken back to pan simmer to heat through. Serve sauce and onions atop the chicken breasts.

7 Responses to “The Good Ol’ Days”

Kevin — January 1, 2008 @ 12:27 am Reply

A balsamic reduction sauce is simple and always good. Happy New Year!

MrsPresley — January 2, 2008 @ 3:17 am Reply

this sounds so good! i have made balsamic chicken before…but the addition of raspberry and onions sounds even better!

winedeb — January 2, 2008 @ 2:52 pm Reply

Happy New Year Cara! All of these dishes sound so great and so easy! You have been busy in your kitchen! Mussels are a favorite of mine. Thanks for the reminder of them!Looking forward to all of your goodies in 2008. Keep up the nice work!My best,Deb

Ally — January 3, 2008 @ 1:40 pm Reply

That recipe looks so good, and I love how few ingredients. I have to try it!

Toothfairyrecipes — January 5, 2008 @ 2:20 pm Reply

That looks yummy, thanks for sharingX M

MrsPresley — April 5, 2011 @ 1:23 am Reply